At our mom's meeting in June, we met at my friend Emilie's house. Emilie is a super sensitive friend...she's a great listener, I know she's praying for me when she says she is, and she genuinely cares about me. (That really describes everyone I've met here in Uganda....but this post is about Emilie! {grin})
And Emilie cares about love languages.
I love that about her.
One of the most enlightening things for me about our missionary training program was learning about love languages (another was learning about personality types and spiritual gifts, but that's another post!).
Understanding how I give and receive love....and how members of my family give and receive love....has been revolutionary!!
And having a friend who is sensitive to love languages is incredible! Emilie had us write out (on an index card) a personal prayer request, a prayer request for our marriage and one for our children. At the bottom of the card we wrote out our love language. Then we exchanged cards.
It was so cool to be able to pray for my friend all month...very specifically....and to learn what her love language was! So cool!!
No comments:
Post a Comment