Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 173: An all-day play date

OK, I'll admit it...even though it overwhelms me to even type it.  This blessing post is from June 21.  Yes, I said June.  And, yes, it's not August.  I told you it overwhelmed me!!

But rather than being overwhelmed with "being overwhelmed"...I'm going to be overwhelmed with God's blessings on my life.  What fun it will be to spend the next several days (weeks?) catching up...remembering the past 6 weeks and all the blessings He's thrown my way!!  So here goes....

I'm so thankful to have friends here!  It makes life so much nicer!

One of my friends is finishing up her master's degree online and was feeling a little overwhelmed in her class.  So several weeks ago I offered to watch her kiddos all day one day so that she could concentrate on her school work.  

All day?

10 kids at my house?

Feeding them?

Watching them?

Was I crazy?

Nope, I wasn't!  It was such a blessing to ME!!  Our kids got along beautifully!!  They played together, hung out, included younger siblings, chatted with me, worked on a craft, watched videos, played Capture the Flag (of course!), and had a great day.  

What did I do?

I ran to the grocery store, finished unpacking a few bags, straightened our schoolroom, got an iced mocha, hung out with the kiddos, read a magazine, fixed my younger 3 lunch (everyone else fed themselves), and had a great day!

So blessed to have friends....and that my kiddos have friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment