Monday, May 14, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 126: Inspiring blog quotes

I learned a long time ago to be careful about the blogs I read.  Too often I would find myself overwhelmed or discouraged because I couldn't "measure up" the moms in the blogs I was reading.  So now, I am careful to read blogs that encourage me and build me up...instead of making me feel constantly inadequate.  One of the blogs I read is A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp.  




Recently I had a little extra time and was catching up on some blogs posts of hers that I hadn't read.  I was so inspired and blessed by several things.  I would like to record them to read later....and also share them with you!!


I am very thankful for Ann Voskamp, her blog, and her book (One Thousand Gifts), as well as the authors of other blogs I read (and am encouraged and challenged by).  I may, from time to time, post other quotes that I want to remember!

From "When You Want a Great Life Plan"...

Who can expect to make sense of a loud world when they haven’t made quiet space before God?

Life is only noise until you’ve been quiet before God.

When one consistently chooses cyberspace over holy space — life becomes a hollow place.
 

From "How Everyone Can Be An Optimist"...

When we fixate on the worst in something, we render ourselves incapable of fixing anything.

But attend to the good in something — and we act towards the best in everything.

Only those who believe in the beautiful — can collaborate in the miraculous.

The new world is not a mirage. The Kingdom’s already coming. If you still long enough in prayer — you can hear its breathing.



From "When You Feel like Everyone is Bigger, Better, Smarter… { or ‘How to be a Star’}"....

You can give up the need to compete in the world — when you accept being complete in Christ.

Sometimes the way to win is to never enter the race.




No comments:

Post a Comment