Monday, May 7, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 114: Battery operated fans!

WOW!!!  How did I manage to get so far behind in Blessings posts?  Well, it all began with 1 week of either slow internet or no internet.  Our internet provider told us there was a problem on the line in Kenya, but they weren't sure where.  Yes, somewhere in Kenya.  

So we had been switched to an alternate line, but that line was much slower.  So slow that it took several minutes just to load facebook.  Not exactly conducive to blogging.  

Then, honestly, after not blogging for over a week....it gets pretty overwhelming to think about sitting down and catching up--so I don't.  I just record my Blessings each day and plan to "get around to blogging eventually."  So today my "eventually" is here and I'm playing catch up AGAIN.

My friend's mom came recently to be here while my friend had her baby (that's a blessing post in a few days!).  She brought us such a great blessing:  battery operated fans...with batteries!  When power goes out here (which it does QUITE often) we run our generator (and fans) for a few hours at night, but then it gets HOT.  So with battery operated fans the problem is solved!  

And now, thanks to my sweet friend Cathi Lang, we have *8* fans!!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment