Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 78: Our local church

I love our church...Antioch Church Gulu!!  

I love that the service is in both English and Acholi Luo (I even love that our services are twice as long as services in America because everything is either said in English and translated to Luo, or said in Luo and translated to English).  

I love that most of the people at church are Ugandans.  

I love worshiping in Acholi...I love singing some worship songs in English and some in Luo.  

I love that I now know people and can greet them and chat before and after service.


 On Sunday there was a baptism service.  It was so amazing to watch 15 young Ugandans give public testimony to the change Jesus has made in their lives.  It was so awesome that Dennis, one of the Acholi men with a heart for the Lord and true gift of leadership, was the one baptizing them.  It's so incredible to be a part of what God is doing here in Gulu!!
 

This is just one of the 4 or 5 groups of children that gather each Sunday on mats around the floor of the main room to worship.  These kiddos are super excited to watch the baptism service.  After our worship time they are dismissed to go to 3 different rooms where they learn more about Jesus and the Bible.


It was a blessing to sing one of my favorite worship songs today. I'll end this post with the lyrics of the song...with the Luo words first, followed by the English translation:

Lead: In keni rwot (It's only You)
In keni Yecu, in keni (It's only you, Jesus, it's only you)

Lead: In keni baba (It's only you my God/Father)
In keni Yecu, in keni
 
Lead: In keni i cango wa (Only you can heal us)
In keni Yecu, in keni (It's only you, Jesus, it's only you)
  
Lead: In keni gwoko wa (Only you can protect us)
In keni Yecu, in keni
 
Lead: In keni i telo wa (Only you can lead us)
In keni Yecu, in keni (It's only you, Jesus, it's only you)
 
Lead: In keni I laro wa (Only you can save us)
In keni Yecu, in keni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment