How can financial need be a blessing? Well, we're told to look at everything as a blessing...to find thanks in everything....so I'm gonna do that with having financial need:
Financial need reminds us that it's all God's money anyway. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...He can provide for our little ol' needs!
God uses His people to provide...and that gives Him glory. Glory coming from the givers as they choose to honor God with their money, and glory from the receivers as they thank Him for providing for their needs.
Financial need keeps us relying on God. I'm afraid if I were independently wealthy I might be tempted to think I could do just fine on my own...no need for God.
Financial need indicates growth and expansion somewhere. For some reason the budget needs to be expanded. In our case, our need is for $5000 to buy motorcycles so Scott and his Acholi friends can go to the villages surrounding Gulu, Uganda to tell people about Jesus....people who have never heard about Him. I'd say that's a pretty good reason for a financial need, wouldn't you?
If you'd like to read more about the amazing things God is allowing us to be a part of in the villages, click here.
If you'd like to read the post with more details about our immediate financial need, click here.
If you'd like to give a tax-deductible gift, click here or click on the "Click to Donate" button at the top of the screen. Remember, our name at Every Nation is Suubi Family, so be sure to mark your donation in the appropriate box! THANKS!!
p.s. Miriam is doing much better today!! Thank you for your prayers! She even got her hair cut today and looks SO smart (the Ugandan way of saying she looks nice, cute, etc).
No comments:
Post a Comment