His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;
the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;
the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
God isn't pleased when I do things in my own strength. When I go to Him and say, "Sorry I didn't spend any time with you today....but look what I did? I got this accomplished and this done, blah blah blah."
His delight is when I fear Him. When I put my hope in HIM and HIS unfailing love!! When I am completely dependent on Him throughout my day...accomplishing things in HIS power....not mine.
I've found that since I've moved to Gulu, life has been easier. I haven't been at the bottom of the well, just begging Him to lift me out. Begging Him for His strength, His joy, His peace, His direction. I've been able to "do life" on my own. NOT a good place to be...and NOT the place I WANT to be. I WANT to live dependent on HIM.
Once again He showers His grace on me. He continues to love me. He's not saying to me, "Again? You're telling me 'sorry' again??" Instead, He loves me right where I am. His forgiveness is never ending! Thank you, God for your mercy and grace!!
No comments:
Post a Comment