Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 75: Deviled eggs and brownies

You might remember that a few weeks ago I posted a blessing about having coffee with other missionary moms and what a blessing it was (and a reminder, through our devotional time, of my need to rely on God instead of my own strength).  Well, we decided to get the kiddos together once a month for a play date.  The kids had such a great time hanging out together, talking, running around, and...of course...eating.

We each brought snacks to share.  One of the families prepared deviled eggs.  Oh my word.  Taste of home.  Haven't had them in WAY over a year.  so good.

Then another family brought brownies.  This mom has been experimenting for a year to make brownies that taste like boxed brownies in America.  And she has achieved success!  I can't wait to get her recipe and make them here.

I don't think I realized what a big deal food was going to be here. Like comfort food that tastes like food from America.  I don't spend my days pining away to be back home....I really love it here.  But sometimes certain foods whisk me back to sitting at my mom's kitchen table....

No comments:

Post a Comment