I know, I know, most people dread their week of working in the nursery...and I've definitely been there too!! But it's been about a year and a half since I've been in a position to work in the nursery! So it was a blessing to serve!!
The kids and I worked in a room with babies through 4 year olds. We got to hold a sweet sleeping baby (who later peed on Laura!). I had fun tickling a sweet little girl with dark Acholi skin and a bright precious smile. I watched the children play happily with the few toys they have. We sang "If You're Happy and You Know It" and the kiddos mimicked the motions and giggled as they watched us dance around. And, of course, we comforted the crying children who wanted their mamas or big brothers and sisters.
Next Sunday I'll blog about the blessing of our church here in Gulu!!
No comments:
Post a Comment