Friday, February 24, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 53: Encouragement during hard days

Yesterday was a hard day.  Actually, the past few days have been hard.  It's not something I'm ready to blog about....in fact, I'm still searching for the blessing right now.

Well, yesterday I made plans to go to coffee with another mom (who's children have the same tummy bug mine have...so we were escaping for an hour or so!).  My kids begged and begged for Jessie to come hang out with them.  Jessie said SURE....even though we HAD been sick (no one was currently sick, and hope springs eternal that we were actually done....we weren't - Nate is sick today!)

So I came home from coffee to the house being totally clean (I mean, of course, it's ALWAYS totally clean...they just, um, straightened...yeah, straightened!), sugar cookies were baking in the oven, a movie was about to be turned on (Letters to Juliet, one of my faves) and this sign was hanging up above the door:


 Thanks, I needed that!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the rough patch. Praying for you! That's such an amazing way to come home!!

    ReplyDelete