But His word says, "Give thanks for all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus." (1 Thess. 5:18) And in Hebrews 13:15 we are told, "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. Again, Eph 5:20, "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ..."
I'm sure there are many other verses, but these three make it pretty clear. Give thanks for all things. Even if it doesn't feel natural. Even if it feels like a "stretch." Give thanks for all things.
Today is one of those days when it's hard to find the blessing in a situation.
Today, with all the kids in the car, we ran over our puppy and killed him. It was terrible. It was horrible. Severus just ran under the car before any of us even saw him.
So how do you find the blessing?
What can you possibly give thanks for?
I've spent the afternoon tossing these questions around in my mind. It is hard to find the "beautiful" in this "ugly."
- I'm thankful it wasn't one of our children that was hit.
- I'm thankful that he died quickly....in a matter of seconds he was gone.
- I'm thankful we've had the afternoon together to talk and "process."

soooo sorry to hear that news. I'll pray for your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteBut also wanted to say I'm happy for the engagement news! I meant to post the other day when I read it.
Hang in there, Rackleys! God is crazy about your family!
Thanks for the encouragement, Faran!! We were excited to watch the videos about you winning the motorcycle! pretty cool stuff!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad for you.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was less than 4yo, my mom ran over our dog, Benji. I do not remember it today, only the stories she tells of how unceasingly I talked about the act.
I love your thankful posts - even the ones you are being thankful by faith.