After about 30 minutes we were able to meet with Gertrude. I told her about our visit to the home a couple of weeks ago and how well the children had done. I told her we'd like to come twice a week for a couple of hours each time.
And she asked how many children we had. Oh dear.... Here comes the "no"... I answered, "six" and told her the ages. I explained that they are very good around babies and they love children very much. I was prepared to say more.
But she stopped me and said, "Yes, we'd love to have your family volunteer."
YES...she said YES.
I didn't have to beg or plead. God had worked in her heart and she said YES!!
I was so excited! I couldn't wait to get to the car and call the children!! So next week...on Monday and Wednesday we will be holding babies, loving on babies, feeding babies, reading to babies, and playing with babies!!
Yay! How exciting! =D
ReplyDelete