On Sunday at church we divided up into groups of twos and walked around the community praying with people To say it was out of my comfort zone is an understatement. To say that it was an incredible experience....even more of an understatement. I went with Juliet, a beautiful Acholi lady who loves Jesus with all her heart, and we prayed with 3 different women who live in huts or concrete homes around our church. One lady, Rosa, asked us to come back and pray with her on Wednesday (today). How exciting...in an "ok-I've-never-done-this-before-but-this-is-what-God-called-us-here-to-do" kind of way!!
So today Juliet and I met at church and walked to Rosa's house (which is also the store front that she sells chapatis/Ugandan tortillas from). We sat inside her steaming hot front room....because she was cooking beans on a charcoal stove in the same room...and prayed together. It was AMAZING! I sat listening to Juliet speak to Jesus in Acholi Luo...the local language...and was once again floored by the amazing God we serve - pondering the fact that He understands her prayers just like He understands mine. It was a soul-quieting experience to pray together with my Acholi sister in Christ.
As we go deeper and deeper in ministry here and begin to share on the blog stories of what God is doing...one thing you'll find is that we won't post a lot of pictures. As we pray at the hospital, as Scott goes to the villages, or as I go with Juliet or Margaret to pray with women in our town....it's just not right to take a camera. It turns us into tourists...and that's not what we're here for. Thanks for understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment