Finally, in May, we got a new meter. This was after the same guy came out each month, made phone calls, made promises, etc. No meter.
We were so afraid we were going to have a HUGE electric bill when we FINALLY got one!!
On Monday, that dreaded day finally came. The day the electric guy ACTUALLY brought us a bill. duh duh duh duh....(read that as an ominous sounds!) Scott walked in from the gate holding the bill in his hand. He looked very disturbed.
"How much is it?" I asked.
"Guess."
"1,000,000 shillings?" (about $400)
"Nope, 86,000 shillings!!" (less than $40)
WOO HOO!!!
Thank you, Jesus!!
$40 for 6 months of electricity?!?
I'll take that!!
As a side note, that also goes to show just how much our electricity is off here in Gulu! lol In fact, in the past 4 days we've had power on for about 2 hours (total!) Gotta love life in Uganda...really you do!! :)
Why I count my blessings...
No comments:
Post a Comment