Monday, June 4, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 155: My washing machine

For the past week, except for one 24 hour period, we've had no power during the day (and it's even been off some nights!).   We've really gotten pretty used to no-power days....but it makes it tough to do laundry.


So yesterday, Sunday, while power was on I kept my washing machine humming all day!!  I caught up on ALL my laundry!  Bring on the no-power days....I'm ready for 'em!!


What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Hope all is well with your sweet family! I don't know if you remember us, the Walti family, but I have been following your blog and love it. Keep up the great work...oh I understand some things of living overseas, but where we are, Italy is not like Africa! We were without a washing machine for 5 weeks...we had electricity though!!! We did a lot of hand wash because it was too expensive to go the laundromat! Big big hugs...thank you for bring the hope of Jesus to the people of Uganda. love, jeannette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember you Jeannette!! It's fun to keep up with your adventures in Italy on facebook!! I especially felt for your mommy heart as your kiddos came to visit and then left. That's probably been the hardest part of this whole life change...leaving our older kids in America!

      Thanks for reading our blog!! :)

      When life gets desperate we handwash....but that's real desperation !!

      Hugs from Uganda,
      Kelly

      Delete