I read a LOT of children's books out loud to my kiddos this year. a lot. But I did manage to squeeze in several books for myself. Like Loving the Little Years, Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Children With the Gospel of Jesus, The Rose Trilogy, A Most Unsuitable Match, Sixteen Brides, When Helping Hurts, One Thousand Gifts, The Urban Halo, and several more.
But, by far, my favorite book from 2011 was The Church Can Change the World by Jimmy Seibert.
It's an amazing book about the impact that the body of Christ can have on the world!! I read it 3 times during 2011 (actually 3 times in about two months!)...twice to myself and out loud to the children once. They loved it!! In fact, Melissa, Benji, Laura, and Annie plan on going through Antioch's training program as soon as they are old enough!
This book is very easy to read and it is inspiring and challenging!! It's the story of Antioch Community Church in Waco, TX and how God is using their church (and other churches) to change the world for Jesus! I highly recommend it!!

Can I list my favorite book of 2011? Its about this guy who is trying to get this other guy to eat some poultry and pork products that are green. Now, the second guy insists over and over that he would not could not like the food, however he had yet to try it. I think what the author, who I believe is a physician so he would know, is trying to tell us that trying new things is not something we should avoid. I have not actually finished it, as I was waiting for the movie, so if you know how it ends don't ruin it for me.
ReplyDelete