Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 2: Friendship

One of the many differences between Uganda and America is the internet.  In America we pay per month for unlimited internet.  Not so here.  In Uganda we buy a certain amount of internet (in gB) each month .  Every time we get online, look at pictures, watch youtube videos, or write emails we are subtracting a little (or a lot) from our internet.  Yesterday, right as I was working on my "day 2" post....we ran out of internet!  ugh!!  So I had to wait for Scott to go out this morning and buy me more.


We have begun saying our goodbyes here in Kampala.  It's hard.  I know we'll see most of these friends again...but it won't be the same. :(  So today (and every day) I'm thankful for the friends we've made during our year here!

Our kiddos with the Gordon kiddos...cheaper by the dozen!

We all love Mama Benna and will miss her very much!  King Solomon isn't too happy in this picture....

The little kids will miss talking to Opio, our night guard.  

Our neighbors, Abi and Christian, have spent so much time with our kiddos.  We're really sad to be leaving them.
I realize that I'm "behind" on my blessings posts (and it's only Jan 3rd....oh dear!)  But it's not because I'm not thankful...or that I haven't taken pictures.  We are moving up north to Gulu tomorrow morning.  So you KNOW how busy I've been all day!  No time to upload pictures or anything!  Tomorrow night when we are settled in our new home I'll post my "day 3" and "day 4" pictures.  Can't wait to share with you!!

Thanks for your prayers as we finish last minute packing tomorrow morning and make the 5-6 hour drive to our new home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment