Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 12: A little boy who is feeling better

Yesterday Nate was a sick little boy.  All the kids have had a chest cold and Nate has illness-induced asthma and it was really acting up yesterday.  Kind of scary when you're in a new city...in a third world country!!!  

So I called my friend, Danielle, in Kampala to get her advice (she's a nurse!).  
Bought a new inhaler.  
And prayed.  
We all prayed.  

And he laid around all day and moaned and coughed and wheezed.  But the inhaler helped him breathe a little better.  And he seemed to be improving some.  But I still called my friend, Becky, who lives in Gulu to make sure I knew where to take him if he got worse overnight.  Just in case.

But he didn't need to go to the clinic
He had a GOOD night of sleep!
And this morning he was outside playing and talking with Garrett...just like normal!.

 Thank you, Jesus!!

Nate and Garrett love to walk around and talk about "boy things" (meaning...no Annie allowed!)





1 comment: