Today's blessing is an "ugly beautiful" blessing. Ugly beautiful is a term from Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, and it refers to finding thankfulness in everything....even the difficult, hard, ugly things.
Garrett is sick today with a tummy bug. That's the ugly part. The beautiful part is how sweet and snuggly he is when he doesn't feel good.
I just finished reading this post by Ann Voskamp. And I'm missing this boy a whole lot! So I'm more than happy to oblige any snuggling requests he makes of me!
**update...since this post was written about my blessing yesterday....Garrett is doing a little better today. Still weak, but not sleeping and sick all day! Thanks for praying that no one else catches it!**

Makes me want a Garrett hug really really bad. Hope he's all the way well soon! (and that it doesn't get any other R. family sweeties!)
ReplyDelete