Monday, January 30, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 30: An early morning phone call

Today's blessing is showered with grace.  

I think the biggest lesson God has taught me over the past year has been about His grace.  His grace towards me....undeserved, but given.  The grace I need to show others....without judging if I think they deserve it or not.

I've spent a lot of time this year reflecting on my life.  Standing amazed at the times that God has shown grace to me....over and over.  And ashamed at the times I have withheld grace from others.  Looking back at my life and how God has been glorified so many times...in situations that looked like it was impossible for Him to receive glory.  Again...His grace....poured out on me.

Grace....love....Jesus

I want those words to characterize my life.

Those of you who have read this blog for a while know that we had a hard time when Katelyn decided to drop out of our training program and not move with us to Uganda.  She wanted to stay in OKC to be near her boyfriend.  That was hard.  Hard to leave her.  Hard because we didn't know him.  Hard to move to another continent.  Just plain hard.

But this year has been all about grace.  

His grace.  Poured through a funnel.  Into us.  Out to others. 


This year we've gotten to know Angel.  Through skype.  Through emails.  Through phone calls.  We've counseled.  We've learned.  We've listened.  We've loved.


This morning I got a phone call from a very excited daughter.  Angel had proposed.  She told him "yes, but you have to talk to my dad."  So I woke Scott up to prepare him for the phone call.  THE phone call.  It was all good.


Right after Scott hung up with Angel, after giving his ok...Katelyn changed her facebook from "in a relationship" to "engaged."  

Engaged.  My blessing for today.
Grace.  My blessing for forever.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post and what wonderful news! I can hear your heart here. You're right. It is all about grace. Thank you for that reminder to give grace to others because of the grace shown to us by our Father. Your family has been in my prayers for a couple of years now and I love to see how God is using you to reach others.

    ReplyDelete