Saturday, September 22, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 229: A biscuits and cocoa party

So what happened to my blogging?  I was on such a roll!!  Almost caught up on Blessings posts??  

Life happened. 
Life always seems to get in the way of blogging (lol!!)

Friends are moving.  
Friends are heading to furlough. 
 So what do we do?  
We help.  
We pack boxes.  
We watch kiddos.  
We fix meals.  
We love on friends.  
And we spend time together.  

Oh and we do some schoolwork, clean our own house a little, hang out as a family, and kind of - sort of start getting ready for our furlough.  

Not much time for blogging.  

But I love it!

We head out of Gulu in just 8 days.  8 short days.  Then 2 days in Kampala and we fly out to America.  I'm just a little excited!!

I would love, love, love to be caught up on posts before I head home....but that ain't gonna happen!  I know it.  I accept it.  But I'm going to keep recording my blessings and writing posts as I have time!!

Thanks for your continued prayer and support as we head back to the States for a few months!!  We'd love to visit with as many people as we can while we're home!!

Ok, on to the blessing post from August 17:

We have a family tradition on birthdays...a breakfast of biscuits and cocoa!  What?  Biscuits and cocoa?  Yep!  It's a yummy southern tradition that Scott brought to our marriage.  And we love it!!  It's just homemade biscuits...with chocolate gravy.

There's more to this story....so stay with me.  There's been an intern here for 3 months that we've become friends with. He's the same age as our kids back in America.  When he heard that we made biscuits and cocoa for Melissa's 16th birthday, he was so jealous (and a little homesick).  So we invited him over for a dinner of biscuits and cocoa (what a way to end your food day, right?!?).  

We've also been talking with our friends, the Becks, about biscuits and cocoa.  They weren't sure if they liked the sound of it...or were grossed out by it.  So we invited them over for the afternoon (Denise stayed home to work on some school stuff and then came over for dinner) - and to stay and try biscuits and cocoa.

All those people eating here = a biscuits and cocoa party!!  
What fun!

And every one loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment