Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 263: Ugandan Internet

On the morning of Sept. 20th we were happily skyping with Katelyn and Angel when we suddenly ran out of internet time.  I've talked about this before, but here in Uganda most people don't get unlimited internet (unfortunately, it's pretty expensive to do that!).  We usually buy 10 gB each month.  And we were out.

So what was I gonna do?  

Run into town and load internet?  Nope.  It was even easier than that!!  I walked across the street and bought airtime, loaded it on my phone, and ON MY PHONE bought internet for my house.  Pretty cool!!

Here's what I did:

First I went and bought lots of airtime.  As you can see I had to buy several different cards!!

Then we scratched off all the back to reveal the airtime codes (Melissa helped me because we were hurrying!)
Enter each code into my phone to load the airtime.
Pick option 2...since I want internet NOT on my phone!
Enter the sim card number for my internet router
Only need it for a month....since we head back home in less than 2 weeks!!  woo hoo!
There's a bunch of us using the internet (not to mention my bloggy marathon) so we chose 3 GB)
Confirm my purchase....and I'm done!

And just like that, in a matter of a few minutes, we were back to skyping!!  So thankful for internet that can bought on my phone and used immediately by my family!!




No comments:

Post a Comment