Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 254: All day baking marathon

To cook here in Uganda we buy tanks of cooking gas.  You have to buy one brand, and continue to get refills of the same brand (Shell, Kobil, Total, etc).  Shockingly enough, Gulu runs out of gas quite often. 




We had some friends gone on furlough for the summer.  We ran our of gas and Gulu was out of our brand (Kobil) so we borrowed our friend's empty Total tank and paid to have it filled.

When they got home from furlough we had one month until we left.  So we needed to get that can back to them so they could refill it before the expected shortage of gas during November and December. 

So I cooked and baked and cooked and baked trying to use up that gas.  One day I cooked all day. It was awesome!!  Lasagna, pancakes, muffins, cookies, soup, spaghetti, chips.  My family was in heaven!!

I did it though!  I used up all the gas and was able to return the empty cylinder while there was still Total gas in Gulu!!  yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment