Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 259: The rat

We've been helping our friends pack to move to South Sudan.  A couple of Sundays ago they were in need of more boxes.  I offered to just let her use our collapsible bags instead of having to wait for the local grocery store to empty boxes.  

I grabbed a big bag full of all the collapsed bags out of our storage room and threw them in the back of the car and the kids and I drove them to her house. 

A little while later I received an email with the title "Thanks for the bonus!"  It had a picture attached.  Are you ready to see what the bonus was??


That's a 10 inch rat (tail NOT included in that 10 inches!)
The worst part was...it was ALIVE.  It dropped out of the bags as they were getting them out.    


So what can possibly be the blessing in all this???  

First of all, that it didn't come out of hiding while I was driving to her house.  That would have been disastrous!!  Second, that her boys were able to kill it (it was her 8 year old who dealt the final death blow!).


Overall, this is an ugly beautiful blessing, though.

gross.....

No comments:

Post a Comment