I recently had a fun date with Benji.
We went to the market for jeans. That's not necessarily a sure-fire good date. Sometimes going to the market can be zany. You can search and search and find nothing. Also, here in Uganda, guys wear girls clothing. So at the stand where we were jeans shopping the men kept bringing us jeans with sparkles on the pockets. We just had to laugh and tell them No Thanks.
But in the end we found 2 pairs (and they actually fit when we got home and he tried them on)! We were also able to find him 2 new pairs of shorts.
A very successful shopping day!!
Later we went out to lunch together and had yummy fish and french fries! We had a good time talking without anyone interrupting us. We talked about life in Gulu, going back to America, school, friends, and more. It was a great time!!
It feels like I've had several posts lately about special things with Benji. That really makes me happy to think about! I think as a mom it's easier to connect with our daughters....but we need to intentionally connect with our sons, too!! So thankful for the special times I've had with Benji...and looking forward to many more!!

No comments:
Post a Comment