I have a sweet friend here in Gulu who is expecting her 3rd baby at the end of the month. Last Tuesday we planned a coffee date. We both love getting iced mochas at a nearby coffee shop and it was a great opportunity to hang out a little (uninterrupted...) before the baby comes!!
Emilie is the same age as my sister, Lydia. We have a bunch of different "random" and crazy connections. Like we have friends who work for her dad and uncle in Central Asia. We met her cousin in Jinja. Then we met her in Gulu. Really small-world type connections!
There are so many things that I love about Emilie....she's a listener, a true listener...she's a thinker (like she thinks about things, deeply, AND she's also very thoughtful!)...she is very observant and really cares about the people around her. I have so much to learn from her!! I love her and am so blessed and encouraged by our friendship!!
We had a really great time getting a bite to eat and then running a couple of errands. Unfortunately the espresso machine was acting up....so we're gonna "have" to go for coffee again sometime soon!! (big grin!)

No comments:
Post a Comment