Friday, April 20, 2012

Blessings 365: Day 109: A hubby who takes care of me from far away

Scott has been gone all week.  He's gone further north in Uganda to the town of Kitgum.  A family came up from Kampala to run a medical clinic in Kitgum for a week and Scott and Kent (and 3 Acholi guys from our church) joined them!

It's been a long and weird week without him and we can't wait til he gets home!  Especially since our power has been off since Sunday (it came back on on Thursday morning).  

On Wednesday I went outside to turn on the generator so we could charge our computer for a little bit.  I flipped the switches and yanked the pull cord to start the generator and the pull cord came off in my hand!!  oops!!  

I called Scott in Kitgum and said, "I know there's nothing you can do about this, but I wanted to let you know that the rope pull cord for the generator just broke off when I pulled it."   He agreed that there wasn't much he could do, but was glad I had called him.

He called back a few minutes later to tell me that one of our friends, Pastor Nate, was coming over to look at it and would (hopefully) get it fixed for us!  Pretty soon, Pastor Nate pulled up (in the rain), loaded it in the back of his truck (in the rain), and took it to the generator store (in the rain) and got the rope repaired for us (for only 4,000 shillings...about $2).

So thankful for my sweet hubby who takes care of me even when he's in Kitgum!  And so thankful for friends who will come out (in the rain) to help a mom and her kiddos have power!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment