Monday, March 28, 2011

The Ruined Life








You know how you meet people online and you feel so much like you know them.... but technically, you don't really?!? That's how I feel about my online friend Kimberly. I "met" Kimberly when by reading her blog (called "The Ruined Life") about how she was headed to Uganda. Well, that piqued my interest!





She just got back to America after spending around 10 days here in Uganda. We really tried to meet in person...but it just didn't work out. She's coming back this summer with her hubby and we plan to meet them both then.







But for now I encourage you to go check out her blog. She has links to blogs from others on her team, too. Just to let you know why it's so great...here's a couple of quotes from her latest post (well, it was her latest post when I started this...she's since posted another update):







I had realized that after a whole day of dreadful and mind numbing exhausting travel we were finally here. Here in Africa with fatherless, abandoned, abused and/or neglected children living in abject poverty. Face to face with the raw heart of God. And it was beautiful.










One of my breaking points on this trip was when one precious eleven year old girl said to me, "I've been waiting for you." After a few minutes of conversation I realized that she knew our team was coming and had expected us to be there yesterday. But what occurred to me is the deeper waiting that these children are experiencing. These kids are waiting for someone to love them. Someone to call home. Just waiting. Waiting with hope and waiting with real needs, hurts. And it kills me to know that while they've been waiting, we've been living as if they don't even exist.







Btw, I added the italics. For more awesome stories about Kimberly's time in Uganda be sure to check out her blog!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Kelly. I especially was moved by the statement, "while they've been waiting, we've been living as if they don't even exist." I love and miss you all. I think and pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete