Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our afternoon at the Botanical Gardens

Once we had finished with the excitement at the zoo we were ready for something calm and relaxing. We really enjoyed our time at the Botanical Gardens. We had a guide that walked us through and pointed out all the interesting things that we would have TOTALLY missed. Things like cinnamon trees, nutmeg trees, trees where they get white and dark chocolate, and much more. Here's a few of my favorite pictures:

I love this picture of Lake Victoria. It's what I think the Sea of Galilee must look like.


Our guide told us this is the type of bush that was used to make the crown of thorns that was put on Jesus' head. Just look at the picture below.....



This tree's roots look like a crocodile! Cool but kind of freaky!


Our guide told us that parts of the original Tarzan movie were filmed right here at the Botanical Gardens. Doesn't it just *look* like it's straight out of the movie?!?

The girls fell in love with this beautiful flower.

Such a beautiful peaceful meadow....


Look at the big tall green "bush looking" thing on the right side of this picture. Doesn't it look like one of the "monsters" from Where the Wild Things Are??

We had a wonderful time in Jinja today! I'll post pictures and details about our excursion tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow these pics really are beautiful! Very different types of vegetation than we are used to seeing. It really choked me up a bit to see those thorns on that bush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Annie. That's why I just *had* to have a picture of that bush/tree. What a different level of understanding it gave me about what Jesus did for us!

    ReplyDelete