Monday, June 7, 2010

Knowing Jesus


I was reading in Philippians 3 last week and this is what I read in verse 8, "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ."


Think about that....do I consider EVERYTHING a loss compared to knowing Christ Jesus? Everything?


What things do I put before knowing Jesus....internet, reading books or blogs, schoolwork for my kids, chores, TV? Do I consider these things rubbish compared to gaining Christ? Not if I put them before my relationship with Him!


How many mornings do I check my emails before reading my Bible? Or jump into chores before leading my children to sit at the feet of Jesus? I can't get to KNOW someone without spending time with them. I can't know Jesus without spending time with Him. I can't fall in love with Him without spending time with Him.


Jesus, I want to KNOW You. I want to love You more and more. Help me to put You first every moment and every day. Help me to consider everything a loss compared to knowing You.

1 comment: