There's one area I have struggled in the past couple of days. We have to sell our business (or just the equipment) and Scott's truck before we leave. Did I mention that we leave a week from tomorrow!?! Night before last I woke up around 4:30 panicking about it. I consciously prayed, "God I CHOOSE to trust you about this. I make a choice of my will to trust You." I calmed down and went back to sleep.
This morning I was praying again. "Lord, I KNOW you are going to sell these things. I choose to trust You. I know that you are going to take care of us in a way that only You get the glory." And right then I saw a picture in my mind. David Hudson has often talked about getting a picture in your mind when you pray (a lamp, a mountain, etc)....but I've never gotten one. Well, this morning I did!!
I saw the Red Sea. I saw the Israelites backed up to the Red Sea with the Egyptians closing in. There was NO WAY they were getting out of this one. I mean, what could THEY do?? I realized the peace that God was giving me. I have the Red Sea in front of me...but it's called next Thursday. There's no way for ME to sell these items. What can I do?!? But just like God parted the Red Sea...and only HE could get the glory for it....I KNOW that HE is going to sell these things. And let me tell ya something - HE WILL GET THE GLORY!!So I will CHOOSE to not panic. I will CHOOSE to trust God. Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
This is a wonderful picture of your faith. It is easy to forget that God will take care of us in the way that He receives the glory. I would like to walk the path I choose..but it will not take me to His glory, His way. LOVE YOU GUYS. See you Friday evening..
ReplyDeleteOh my word, what do I have planned Friday evening? I'm constantly thinking in the back of my mind, "what have I forgotten to write down?!?" and now it's happened! Ü
ReplyDeleteThanks~
Kelly
Ok, Alicia...my children just told me that you guys are coming in to town this weekend! YAY!! Can't wait to see you guys on Friday!
ReplyDeleteYes, He will!!
ReplyDeleteIt's So EXCITING to me to be able to keep up with y'all through the blog world! i remember at the AR retreat when you told me how GOD was working in your heart about missions {how long ago was that?}...and now LOOK! you're really doing it!!!This post is such an encouragement for me too, on our own crazy path...praying for your sweet family during this transition. xo
ReplyDelete