Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Checking off the list

So we're a week and 2 days away from moving and I have a "to-do list" for everyone. Scott needs to get boxes, make phone calls, get our stuff out of storage (check...he did that today Ü), clean our stuff out of the garage, and basically any other thing I think of! The kiddos need to go through their toys and clothes, clean up the back yard, keep up with daily chores, work on math, pack boxes, and basically anything else I tell them to do. And me...oh my, don't even get me started on my list. I get overwhelmed just thinking about it.

It gets really bad when I come to God with my "to-do list" for Him. "Dear God, ok, here's what I need from You today: I need the kids to be good. I need to be patient. I need to get 5 boxes packed and the rest of my support letters sent out. blah blah blah"

Instead, I need to remember Proverbs 16:9, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

No comments:

Post a Comment