Has it really been over a month since I last posted?!? Oh my goodness, how time flies!! Last time we didn't write a blog post for a month it was because we were struggling with sickness. I'm happy to report that most of us have been well! Scott has struggled with sickness, however, and we appreciate your continued prayers for him! So if we haven't been sick, why haven't we posted?? Honestly, it's because....
I know you've had times like this!! I know I did even when I lived in America. Times when life seems so routine that there's nothing exciting to write about. Even things that once seemed new and exciting (like laundry and cooking) are now normal!!
But even in the middle of "regular" days, there's always plenty of irregular happenings to keep life fun and exciting! Things like:
~women knocking on our gate, insisting that Scott is the director of Vision of Destiny (the school we work at), demanding that he sponsor their children. In fact, they offered to GIVE us their children if we would just provide for them!
~people throwing a chicken over our fence just to laugh as they watch us chase it out of our yard with a stick
~having to get to the side of the road while walking up to the market because there's a herd of longhorn cows walking down the middle of the road.
~children climbing up trees or onto our fence so they can yell at us
~King Solomon (Kingy), Mama Benna's son getting sick while he was at our house (and, of course, getting plenty of love from all of us!)
We've also had a few adventures in the past month like:
~driving to Kenya and back in one day to get our visas renewed
~visiting Show Mercy International and Good Shepherd's Fold. It was awesome to get to learn more about other ministries who are working with orphans!
~the football (soccer) team at Vision of Destiny had their first game!! They won one and lost one, but it was GREAT to get to put into practice all that Uncle Scott has been teaching them all year.
~celebrating 3 birthdays! That meant plenty of pizza and ice cream! A fun treat for all!!
~playing with glow sticks that someone sent from America! It was fun sharing with our guard and our neighbors next door!
Thank you for praying for us as we continue to minister here in Kampala. I will try to do a better job of blogging during the month of November!!
Hi, Alida here. I'd love to chat with you as our family is hoping to move to Uganda. Can you contact me? I know you are busy. We are a family of 7 for now. I'd love more info on the logistics of moving, raising kiddos in a foreign country etc. Thanks, Bless you, Alida w5
ReplyDeleteDear Alida,
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely not too busy to write you!! I'm just too forgetful!! I'm writing you RIGHT now b/c I DEFINITELY want to help out in any way I can!!
~Kelly