Monday, October 3, 2011

Capture Gratitude {28-37}

As I write this post today, I am struggling with discouragement. It is hard to sit down and write about the things that I've been thankful for over the past week....but I choose to be thankful. I choose to thank God for the little things He gives me each day....and trust Him to take care of the big things that overwhelm and discourage me.

28. Last week I posted about my boys loving to climb the wall and I promised a picture of Nate climbing with Garrett. This week I'm thankful that Nate is feeling well again and is back to running and climbing with Garrett!


29. I'm thankful for Benji who loves to climb and play with his brothers!

Benji on top of the squatty potty

30. One night we realized the gas can for our stove was empty right as the electricity went out. Oh no, how could we cook dinner? Thanking Jesus for our charcoal stove and Scott's ability to light it. Aren't the coals just beautiful?!?



31. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Psalm 19:1





32. A beautiful rainbow after the storm!!



33. Annie standing on tiptoes to peek out of the gate at cows walking in front of our house.


34. For my birthday Melissa did this photo collage of all my kiddos. Needless to say, it's a gift I will treasure forever. I cry every time I look at it!


35. In America we would always hang up streamers for birthdays. Without streamers here, the kiddos improvised and made a sign to hang up in the doorway!



36. God was so awesome to send a glorious rain storm on my birthday!


37. Sweet handmade birthday cards (my favorite!) Also, getting to talk to Katelyn and Josh on my birthday (hard to take a picture of that, though!!)


Be sure to check out Mandie's Capture Gratitude list and don't forget the comments section where others post links to their lists! Then link up with your own pictures of gratitude!!





3 comments:

  1. Kelly- Happy Birthday! We miss you guys and think about you, checking your facebook and website often. Please resend me your private email so we can catch up. Send my love to Scott and the kids. -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Those are things to be thankful for for sure! So glad to have a chance to stop by! I have been so busy lately and haven't been able to stop by my favorite blogs but hope to more often again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pics, as always--thankful for ALL of you!!:-) GrandK8

    ReplyDelete