Renown is an amazing local missions conference that was started in 2009 by David Hudson.

Here's info about the conference from their facebook page....
FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW AT:
facebook.com/renownconference
speakers: Keith Wheeler, Robert Fuller, & Danny Jones
cost: FREE
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Friday, February 11
6:00 PM - Boiler Room (Worship & Intercession for the Nations)
7:00 PM - Main Session 1
Saturday, February 12
1:30 PM - Breakout Session 1
2:30 PM - Breakout Session 2
6:00 PM - Boiler Room
7:00 PM - Main Session 2
Sunday, February 13
9 & 11 AM - Renown continues in conjunction with Summit's worship services. All are welcome.
On a personal note, God used Renown 2009 to call me to the missions field. I went alone with our children because Scott was out of town. At the conference God opened my eyes to the unreached of this world. I didn't understand why God would call ME....didn't he need to call Scott first? What I didn't know was that God WAS calling Scott. It was a few months later that we realized God had been working in both of our hearts...separately. That was further confirmation of God's desire for our family to follow His Great Commission...to GO into all the world and tell others about Him.
I highly recommend Renown. You will love it. Your children will love it. Bring your friends and family. Don't just bring people who have a heart for the nations....who have a heart for the unreached. Bring people who don't have a clue what the word missions even means.
Once you go, will you do something for me? Will you come back and post in the comments section and tell me all about it? THANKS!
Oh how I wish I could go! I have to say that when you said that you felt called first before your husband, my heart skipped a beat. I have such a strong pulling to the mission field, for several years now. I thought that adopting and volunteering as a Guardian Ad Litem in my county would fulfill that desire, but it has only grown. I dream of my family going out into the international mission field. I haven't really presented this desire to my husband fully, because I know he doesn't have the same pulling, although he has been reading mission books and is fascinated by the idea. Hearing that you felt it first and are now serving, gives me hope! Thank you!
ReplyDelete