Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random pictures....part 1

Since we got to see Katelyn and Josh before we left for Uganda....I can now look back at that snowstorm with a little more love. :) Can you believe the icicle Laura is holding?!?



I still cannot believe how much it snowed right before we left. Kind of funny, actually....since we now live where it's about 82 degrees year round!



We love Skype. This is us Skyping Josh when we didn't think we were going to be able to see him before we left America. Now that we're in Uganda Skype is kind of weird...because we LOVE seeing people, but then when we push that "hang up" button a feeling of sadness kind of fills the room. But still...we love Skype. It's so great to see faces and hear voices!!

Another cute picture from the plane. Saylor gave Annie the princess crown...but Annie was so sweet and shared it with Princess Laura!

This is the view from our front porch. Off in the distance is the Baha'i Temple. Scott and the kids walked up there one day while Melissa and I were working at school. And then last week we all walked up there as a family. Yes, it's quite a hike...but it was so pretty and peaceful up there! I have pictures of that hike a little later in this photo montage weekend. :)


I have several pictures here of kids we see as we walk to school each day. They love to shout, "Bye Mzungu!" over and over. Mzungu (pronounced mmm-zoon-goo) means "white person" or "crazy white person" :)

It's very common to see kiddos playing with old tires. Most of the kids I've seen are really talented at rolling the tire along with a stick.

The kids love to pose for pictures....then they LOVE for you to show them the picture you've just taken!


This little guy lives across the road from us. Yes, he's playing with a box in the ditch. So precious!

I just love this picture of Garrett and Annie with Jackie. Jackie is Cari's little girl.


Yes, Scott shaved!! You can read all about the story that lead to him shaving right here!

Stay tuned tomorrow for more pictures!! Do you just love all the pictures on our blog? We hope to post more now that we've figured out how the internet works here in Uganda. All the pictures I post are taken by Melissa and Laura. Be sure to check out Melissa's blogs to see more pictures. You can also send a friend request to Melissa and Laura on Facebook because they both post pictures there.

Here are links to Melissa's blogs:

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys so much :]
    This blog keeps me sane, and not going too crazy missing you guys! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed looking at your pictures and hearing your updates! Yay for Skype; that must be a huge blessing when being apart from loved ones. I really need to start doing that.
    Jenny (friend of the Davidsons)

    ReplyDelete