Thursday, August 26, 2010

Will I ever have time to blog again?

My life has been so busy lately....sometimes I wonder when I'll have time to sit down and blog again. Writing a post, adding pictures, moving the pictures around, editing the post...it all takes time. It also takes thinking....and it seems like by the time I can sit down and write a post the last thing I can do (or want to do) is think. But I also know that it's good for me to reflect on what I'm learning and what's happening in our lives. I also know that others who aren't here like to be able to keep up with us. So...for today, I'm going to do a "bullet point" blog post.



  • notice that it's nearly 1 a.m. as I'm typing! Why am I up so late??


  • because Scott, the Aggie, Benji and Laura are heading home from a Texas Rangers game....in Texas!

  • I just finished watching "To Save a Life" with Boot Camp girls who live in Westview. It was a GREAT movie.

  • Our apartment got broken in to on Saturday. They stole our Wii, 5 games, 2 controllers/nunchuks (sp?), and Laura's nintendo ds. It's a very yucky feeling to know that someone's been in your home.

  • Our class this week has been on how to study Scripture. We read an excerpt from the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. It was a great chapter and I want to check the book out from our library. Scott told me that our friends the Davidsons really like Rob Bell. (another plus for the book...)

  • I love the kids at the language lab!!

  • My parents came to see us last week. We had a really good visit! It was good to get to show them what we do each day. They even went to class with us on Thursday. The kids had fun swimming in the pool at their hotel and we all had fun going out to eat!

  • I'm still working on my post about our prayer retreat!


  • Melissa turned 14 on the 14th. I can't believe she's growing up so fast. She is LOVING everything about boot camp and our ministry. Her heart is definitely moved to serve God overseas!



  • Our computer crashed again. Once again we lost all the info in our database. So if you receive a thank you note from me and you've already gotten one....just know that I sincerely mean both of them!!

  • Good news though....Biker Girl suggested that I email myself my database as an attachment so that I won't lose it again. She's so smart!!


  • Funny story about Nate: he got in the car today after class and said, "Ok, when am I going to start school?" My homeschooling mommy's heart just sank thinking he hated homeschooling. I said, "Well, we do school at home. You know how we're working on reading and you're doing school work at class with Miss Elizabeth?" He said, "Ugh." I said, "Do you want to go to school like Dreigh (a girl in his BFBC class)?" He said, "No, I want a backpack." whew and lol!!
Thanks for continuing to pray for us. We are still trying to raise financial support to meet our budget. We so very much appreciate everyone who is making it possible for us to continue our training here!!

More soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment