To anyone who has become a new supporter or sent in a one time gift in the past 6 weeks....I apologize for the delay in getting a thank you note to you!! When we moved here we had no internet for the first 3 weeks. Once we got internet I started working on our database and getting thank you notes out. Then our computer crashed and I lost all my hard work. We were able to re-boot our computer and I had barely started getting caught up again when the computer crashed AGAIN!!! So here we are....living 6 weeks in OKC....and I'm still working on expressing our THANKS to those of you who are making it possible for us to be here!!
So let me just say right now....THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has given one-time gifts and to those who have become monthly supporters. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I know that God is going to provide for our needs and He's using the Body of Christ to accomplish His purpose. David Sims gave us the analogy of the army and how we don't send all our troops out to fight the battle....only about 30% (?)...the rest are behind supporting the ones fighting. We're ALL needed in the battle, but as we're preparing to head to the front lines, we REALLY appreciate the support!
Maybe you've noticed the lack of posts the past 1½ weeks. I'm really sorry for no updates! I have about 4 posts swimming around in my head waiting for me to have time to sit down and write! I've actually started a post about our prayer retreat last weekend (Aug 6-7) and will hopefully get that done this weekend!
Last week Scott and I realized that our feeling of "community" with our other boot campers was being compromised. We've all gotten so busy (and tired!) that on our night off we just hang out at home and "veg." Totally understandable....but we miss everyone being at our apartment!! It was getting to the point that we would say "bye" after class knowing we wouldn't see that person until the next day at class.
So we decided to be more purposeful about deepening relationships. On Tuesday night we had everyone over for spaghetti. It was so much fun!! Thai Guy and his wife don't live in our apartments...but since she was ministering near by even Thai wife got to be here! YAY!!
Then Saturday was Melissa's birthday and the whole team came over to celebrate! It was such fun! Everyone brought fun inexpensive or free gifts and we all had fun watching Melissa open her gifts. We had dinner and cake (of course!!) Then some played skip-bo and others watched "Over the Hedge." The kids played playmobil and built block towers.
This week has been more "normal" with different team members dropping by for a little bit in the evening. We even "ventured out" and spent some time with The Aggie and Biker Girl at their apartment!! And the kids and I went over and hung out with Katelyn, the Eskimo, and Pony Girl. Relationships are fun....but they have to be cultivated or they won't flourish, right?!?
So that's been our week...class, ministry and relationships!! My parents are coming today and staying until Friday so this weekend I'll work on updating more about our prayer retreat, the refugees starting school, what we're learning in class....and much more!!
How did the parent visit go? I hope you guys had a good time together. I love what you say here about relationships needing to be cultivated. I'm so guilty of never inviting anyone over and never calling people when they come to mind. I think I get too caught up in things (I think) I need to do. Or I get too lazy and don't want to prepare for company. I pray that God will give me a more hospitable spirit. Thanks for the reminder! (Sorry, by the way, to hear about the recent "incident.")
ReplyDelete