Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recipes needed!


I need some help in the food department! By the time we get home each day it's 5:30 or 6:00 and we've been gone all day. It is so difficult to even think about fixing dinner...let alone actually fix it!! I really need some recipe ideas. Preferably 5 ingredients or less, semi-healthy,and not too hard to fix. How's that for picky?!? Ü

Some typical things we have right now are quesadillas, bean and cheese burritos, grilled cheese and tomato soup (sometimes grilled turkey and cheese), or eggs, sausage and toast.

Any suggestions would be SO appreciated! Or if you have a website where you've found yummy simple meals...feel free to pass it on!

2 comments:

  1. Combine in a shaker of some sort:
    2 Tablespoons Salt
    2 Tablespoons paprika
    2 Teaspoons garlic powder
    1 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
    (can be modified to taste)

    Apply liberally to chicken breast and grill in a pan.
    After that just add it to whatever sides you want or just eat it alone.
    I prefer to take some peas, onion, fresh garlic, sliced green olives, and sliced tiny tomatoes and grill them in the pan after the chicken is taken out with either some leftover pasta or rice. Then just add the chicken and its an awesome 1 pan meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I haven't tried this YET, but I'm gonna. Even though I don't like Chinese-type foods. There's nothing in it that's particularly Chinese. VERY few ingredients and is ready in five minutes. My kids love soups, so I'm certain it'll go over well.

    http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2009/02/5-minute-meal-egg-drop-soup.html

    ReplyDelete