Monday, May 24, 2010

Tales of poison ivy and growing up.....








So my sweet baby boy (yes, I know he's 8!) got poison ivy last week at Benji's soccer game. Poor thing. He's such a trooper. He sat for a few days with a rag on his face...only it wasn't actually on his poison ivy, but around his ear next to the poison ivy (but, hey, it helped him feel better and not scratch!). After about 3 days it started drying out. The puffiness is slowly going down.


Yes, it's official. Annie no longer uses her training wheels! We could tell she was ready, but I was prepared for her to fall, get scared, try again a few days later. No way!! Not Annie! She took off....first time. After about 15 minutes she was able to get started on her own and turn around at the end of the driveway. After 2 days she was coasting and straightening her legs to stand on the pedals. Little showoff!!




2 comments:

  1. How bout they stop growing up? Ok? Cause this is too much. I'll let Nate continue being 8, but he'll have to stay 8 for a couple more years. And annie isn't allowed to grow up either! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Annie! And good riddance, poison ivy. (I know how he feels. I'm highly allergic. Yuck!)

    ReplyDelete