Saturday, May 11, 2013

Blessings 365: Days 289 - 300: 2012 finale

While we were in America, I continued to record my blessings each day...but ran out of time to get them posted!  As you may have read, computer time has been limited since I got back...and I've just been in "survival mode" and haven't really felt like blogging.  Guess what is getting me back to the land of "flourishing"?  Counting my blessings again.  Yep, even though I'm not recording them here on the blog...I'm still counting!!

In case you don't know about why I posted about my blessings in 2012, you can read about it here.

I decided to finish up my blessings from 2012 a little differently then go a different "direction" with the blog for the rest of 2013, you can read about it here.

I'm sorry to say, most of these blessings will NOT have pictures with them. :(  We had 2 computers crash since we got back to Uganda.  We have our pics stored on hard drive...but, honestly, I'm too lazy to go get the hard drive, find the pics, email the to myself, re-size them and upload them to the blog.  Just being honest!  

Now that I see how many posts I am "behind" on...I am going to divide them into several long posts!!  I will include links to the other "2012 finale" posts at the bottom of this post. 

Day 289:  My Grandaddy's truck

I love my granddaddy.

He died in 2003....one of the worst days of my life.

I still miss him and always will.

He had a truck.

A little blue pick-up truck.

I love that truck because it smells like my Granddaddy.

My blessing on this day was opening that truck door and inhaling.

Memories rushing back of the man I love.

I really wish I had a picture of my granddaddy to post here.  
It's the one of him holding my sister, Kathy, and me. 
He's dancing to "Wabash Cannonball," I just know it!

Day 290:  Sleeping In

Cloudy, fall mornings.

So nice to sleep in.

Doesn't happen very often!

Day 291:  Gare Bear

Oct. 19th, 2005
Garrett Isaac was born.
What joy and laughter he's brought our family!




For Garrett's birthday he asked to go ice skating, to go to the zoo, to go meet the Duggars, and to see Josh and Kate.

I think we'll go to the zoo with Lydia!!

Happy birthday, sweet boy!
I love you forever!

Day 292:  Hanging out with the Bells

We love to hang out with our friends up on Wye Mountain.

Our kids get along well.

It's BEAUTIFUL on their land.

And we LOVE to just spend time with them

I treasure these afternoons and evenings because I know we won't have them much longer....and I know how much I'll miss the Bells when we're back in Uganda.

Day 293:  Seeing Jordon and Megan
Today we started out on a journey that will take us up to Iowa and Wisconsin.

Today we stopped in Kansas City to spend the night and we got to spend some time with our "Canadian son" and his wife.

It was WONDERFUL (but WAY too short!!)

Jordon went through training with us and Megan was our kids' teacher during training.  We just fell in love with them and "adopted" them as our kiddos.

We are SO glad that we were able to swing through KC and hang out for a little bit!!

Day 294:  Nate the Great

Nate, Nate, Nate.

Sweet precious Nate!

So hard to believe that this guy is 11!?!



Where has the time gone!!

So thankful that God put Nate in our family!!

I love you, Natey Nate!!


Day 295:  Pumpkin Patch with the Langs

We spent several days in Iowa visiting our friends, the Langs.

What an amazing family!!

On Oct. 23rd, Cathi and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch.

We had so much fun playing games, going on a hayride, finding our way through the maze, jumping on the big bouncy pumpkin, and lots more!


YAY, a picture from our time in America!!

Day 296:  Trim Healthy Mama

My long-awaited book arrived while we were in Arkansas!
I can't put it down!  I even took it with us on our road trip through MO, IA, and WI.  I love to learn more about healthy living and eating.

I've lost 40 pounds since we moved to Uganda...
but I want to do more than just lose weight...
I want to be HEALTHY!!





Day 297:  Talking with my sis about healthy living

While we were in WI we had SUCH a GREAT time.  It was so fun to just HANG OUT with my family up north!!  I got to spend time with my little niece, Libby, who I haven't seen in 2 years...since she was a baby!  

I also got to talk about all sorts of healthy living things with my sister, Kathy.  It's been awesome!  I love talking about almond flour, stevia, ideas for healthy yummy food, etc.

Actually, I love just talking with my sister about ANYTHING...but it's extra fun to be in the same stage of life and be able to bounce ideas off each other and learn fun tips and stuff!

Day 298: Sleeping with all my kids

Well, not all my kids...the 6 that live in Uganda with us! lol

While we were staying in WI, I slept in my sister's VERY NICE basement with the girls and Scott slept in an AWESOME 5th wheel (loaned to my sis by friends) in the driveway with the boys.

Well, the first night the temps got down to 43°F and the heater in the 5th wheel didn't work.  It was COLD (especially since our bodies are acclimated to Ugandan temperatures where 68° sends us searching for our jackets).

So Scott brought the boys inside to sleep in the warm basement with me and he braved the cold alone (sweet guy!).

I looked around the basement with happiness in my heart...thankful for all the sleeping blessings sprawled out on couches and mattresses on the floor around me.

And, yes, I HAD a picture of it....but I can't find it now! 


Day 299: Time with my family

While in WI my brother and his girlfriend (who is now officially his wife, btw!) came down from MN to see us.  It was a great time with all my family (except Kate and Josh...sniff sniff).




Day 300:  Psalm 19:14 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.


I've always loved this verse and tried to apply it to my life.  But today as I read this verse, the words "meditation of my heart" really hit me.

It's easy to focus on the "words of my mouth" part....that's what people hear.
But it's easy to ignore the "meditation of my heart" part...it seems more private.  But God knows.  He knows my thoughts.  He knows what I meditate on.

And I want to ALWAYS please Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment