Last year was a definite year of growth in my life. Growing closer to Jesus. Growing closer to my family. Growing as a wife and mother. Growing as a person...living in a new country (and everything that goes with that!). Growing in my walk with Jesus....learning to give thanks in everything. Learning to give thanks in everything. That was a big one!! One friend sent me One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and another sent me a journal to begin to record my gifts.
It changed my life. It changed me.
I began to realize how much there is to be thankful for. Good things. Bad things. Little things. Big things. It changed the way I think and the way I view life. I needed that.
So this year I want to be intentional - to recognize my blessings and to blog about them. Sharing them with my readers...and recording them for me to remember (because this blog is also my online journal).
I follow Ann Voskamp's blog where she has people record their 1000 gifts post each Monday, and I follow my friend's blog where she posts her Project 365 each week, AND I read all of Mandie's Capture Gratitude posts (and have even done a few of my own). I knew I wanted to do something that was a little bit of all of those....but different. So I prayed about it - and talked to Melissa (my daughter AND my blogging buddy!) about what form these blessing posts should take.
I decided that, Lord willing, beginning tomorrow, January 1st, I'm going to record at least 1 blessing each day. Each day will have a picture but it may or may not have a post written about it. So not only will *I* be intentionally recording my blessings...I'll be sharing them with others....and you'll get to see pictures each day of our life in Uganda.
That's it!! Intentional thankfulness. That's 2012 for Kelly Rackley!! Want to come join me??
oh! I look forward to reading your blessings as I am sure they will encourage me! I can say that I am pretty sure that I won't be able to post daily on my blog with my schedule, but maybe I could do a weekly blessing?!
ReplyDeleteAnnie, I'm really going to try to post each day!! Even if it's just a picture of my blessing! But if life gets too busy, I'll be going to once a week too! I'd LOVE to read about your blessings weekly! What an encouragement!
ReplyDelete