Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Until last Thursday this sweet little "Charlie Brown tree" was our Christmas tree. Scott bought it, a strand of lights, and 2 strands of garland at the grocery store. I brought all our "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments from America and up near the top is an ornament given to us by special friends who are serving in Central Asia. That's it. Sweet. Simple. Plain.


Then we got invited to make Christmas ornaments with other families who have moved to Uganda from other parts of the world (USA, New Zealand, and Canada). What fun we had!! In fact, I'm working on another post all about our fun!!


So *after* our ornament making party....here's our tree!! YAY!! Isn't it beautiful?!?


These ornaments were made by Garrett:


Laura made this adorable paper heart:


I made this one (my friend Kelly Hallahan gave me the idea for the cross in the middle):


Melissa made this paper sphere using card stock & pages from a book (we love you, Pinterest!):


Annie loved making ornaments using markers and glitter! I mean, who DOESN'T love glitter?


What about Nate and Benji? Didn't they decorate ornaments for the tree? Nope! Benji hung out with his friends Josiah and Drew Gordon. They did "boy" things like line tires up and long jump over them. And Nate? He spent the entire time happily playing with new toys!! Our friends had Hot Wheels and all sorts of Toy Story toys....Nate was in HEAVEN!!



Coming soon....our end-of-the-year newsletter with details about where God is calling us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment