I want my life to be characterized by thankfulness. I actually *like* the change in my attitude (and outlook on life) when I'm being intentionally thankful!!





11. Eating and shopping at the Source Cafe. Love their yummy (and inexpensive) breakfast and their delicious iced mochas!! And they support community development projects all over Uganda!




13. Using our friends washing machine to wash ALL of our underclothes and socks (plus catching up on general laundry that had piled up). While we had fun hanging out with our wonderful friends' kiddos (yep, the Gordons!), they completely blessed us by letting us use their washing machine to catch up on laundry.






There...that's my confession time! Now on to share what I'm thankful for this week! Click here if you'd like to see my list from last week {1-8}) Thanks to Mandie for reminding us to Capture Gratitude!
9. A fun family trip to Jinja. We had an awesome time hanging out and eating dinner overlooking the Nile River! I mean...the Nile River!!! How cool is that?!?







11. Eating and shopping at the Source Cafe. Love their yummy (and inexpensive) breakfast and their delicious iced mochas!! And they support community development projects all over Uganda!

12. Beautiful clouds. I've decided that each week I will *definitely* have at least one sky/cloud picture because I *love* the sky in Uganda!!



13. Using our friends washing machine to wash ALL of our underclothes and socks (plus catching up on general laundry that had piled up). While we had fun hanging out with our wonderful friends' kiddos (yep, the Gordons!), they completely blessed us by letting us use their washing machine to catch up on laundry.
14. Blue band. With our power going off for 90+ hours at a time, I'm thankful for butter that doesn't have to be refrigerated! (sorry to all my real-food friends)

15. A fun map of Africa puzzle. Since we've started doing this we have TOTALLY improved our knowledge of African geography. I even got 48/53 on the African countries quiz at www.sheppardsoftware.com!! woo hoo!!

16. A great idea (from the Gordons!) for storing our irish (what they call potatoes in Uganda)

17. Kiddos being creative with blocks (amazing how the creativity flourishes with the power off!)

18. The book Jesus Calling. I'm always amazed at how the Lord gives me a very specific word as I read it...just what I'm needing for encouragement, conviction, and/or a reminder to stay close to Him! A perfect addition to my morning quiet time (thanks, Mom, for sending it over!)

I like this post. :) Kelly, looks like (in the Nile picture) that you've shed some pounds. Lookin' good, girl!
ReplyDeleteGreat (thankful) post! :o) I love the picture of Garrett and the Fanta bottle. I have found memories of Fanta from when we lived in Ghana.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Julie! I've actually lost 35 pounds! woo hoo!!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I think the thing about Fanta that makes it so "African" is that it's in glass bottles AND it has real sugar (not HFCS)!