Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our first weekend in Uganda

I realize that we're now finishing our third weekend in Uganda....but here's a few details about our first weekend. I promise to write a post about our squatty potty and I *must* tell you about our fun adventure in Entebbe today....it included being attacked by 3 different critters. BUT I'm much too tired tonight to write a new post. Please pray for us tomorrow as we start school. Annie is nervous (Garrett seems oblivious! lol) I'll post details about our first day tomorrow, too! So....on to our first weekend here:

So I told you that the wee hours of Saturday morning were still difficult....everyone awake for several hours. Well, by this time it had been several days since I’d actually slept more than a couple of hours at a time.


Mama Benna is supposed to have weekends off....but since we had just arrived and weren’t really settled, she said she would come over Saturday morning at 8 to cook for us and do a little laundry. At first that sounded like a good idea to me....but Saturday morning it sounded terrible. I think I had my first meltdown. I just stood in the kitchen with Scott and cried. I don’t think he knew quite what to do with me. I was just *so* tired. So Scott told me to text Mama Benna and tell her we were fine for the weekend and go back to bed. That’s just what I did and I woke up at NOON feeling wonderful!!

Scott and I went to lunch with Cari and David at the same mall. This time we split a plate of chicken strips and french fries and we ate the WHOLE thing! It was SO delicious! We also got a Ugandan cell phone and a few more groceries.


We really spent the rest of the weekend sleeping....getting our bodies adjusted to Uganda time, unpacking and getting settled in, and walking around our neighborhood.


Sounds kind of boring....but it really wasn’t. We kept pinching ourselves, realizing that we are on another continent!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying RIGHT NOW for all of you, but especially for your two littlest littles starting school at this very moment. They are going to do so well. I can picture Annie making friends with all kinds of little African princesses.

    ReplyDelete