Saturday, March 6, 2010

Raw milk, GMOs, white sugar....oh my!


I recently read an article about GMOs in the latest issue of No Greater Joy. It brought back to the front of my mind the NEED to feed my family whole...real....food. I say back to the front of my mind because I KNOW how to feed my family. I know that poptarts and boxed mac and cheese are bad for them. But sometimes I choose to ignore the information I have and just go with convenience.

I'm also reading Real Food by Nina Planck ad I'm going to try to be accountable for the food choices I make for my family. I just ordered my first gallon of coconut oil. I know I need to work on which fruits/veggies to buy organic, locating healthy meat and chicken, and raw milk. I would LOVE to have a grain grinder....but that's a little unrealistic since we'll be moving in just a few months.

Anyway, it's all about baby steps...but the key is STEPS!! I have to keep moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great article. Very informative. AND Real Food is really good, too. Have you watched Food, Inc. yet? I was wondering what you thought about it. By the way, how are you liking the coconut oil? I find it's pretty easy to use--just different. One of the most frustrating things about eating like Nina P. and Sally F. teach us, is all the expensive appliances we need to help us out. I think OUR first appliance purchase will be a food dehydrator. Because I can buy flour, but I can't buy soaked and then dehydrated nuts, etc. And that is beginning to be a problem. PLUS I could let bread rise in it, put my kefir and/or yogurt in there, dry herbs...all kinds of stuff! And after the dehydrator, Paul wants a fantabulous juicer. I'd probably go for the grain mill before the juicer, but we have to be fair. ;) So that's our wish list...
    Good to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete