Monday, January 11, 2010

Reading through the Bible in 90 Days




It is January 11 and so far I am only 2 days behind in my reading. I will NOT get discouraged! I told my hubby that if I stay reading 2 days behind...that's ok, I will still finish on March 31. But I'm going to try to read a little extra each day and "catch up" if I can.

On January 7, Mom's Toolbox had a really good post. It was talking about feelings of frustration because of being behind, or because of how much reading there is each day. She challenged us to consider what we were doing INSTEAD of reading our Bibles. We need to figure out what we can replace with Bible reading....computer time, phone calls, fixing fancy meals, etc. She suggested bringing your Bible with you everywhere you go, because you never know when you'll have 10 minutes of waiting in the dr. office or in the line at the grocery store. That has worked for me.

So far, in just 11 days, my Bible reading has already been revolutionized....changed forever! I have read further in the Bible than I ever have (I'm in the middle of Leviticus) and it has been amazing! I am so very very glad that I accepted this challenge and I'm commited to finish it!

If you've missed out on reading in 90 days...I encourage you to still begin reading. Just read 1 day's worth each day. Just read a chapter or two each day. Just READ the BIBLE!!! God's Word is living and active and sharper than a two edged sword. Your life WILL be changed. For so many years Satan "got me." I would get behind in my Bible reading around the middle of January and I would stop reading. I would rationalize that "I'll do it next year." I would still read my Bible some...but there's something about the accountability of reading through the Bible in a year (or 90 days) that challenges you to read each day.

Another great thing has been that Scott (awesome wonderful hubby) is reading the Bible, too. He's further "behind" but he's still reading. I only say that to encourage others who are "behind." It's not about being "caught up" it's about READING!! We were talking last night about how this has changed our lives (really, in just 11 days. God's Word is just like that!).

So how 'bout you? Where are you in your reading? Has your life been changed forever?

1 comment:

  1. I have started reading through the bible again, but I do like the idea of reading it in just 3 months.

    Thanks for the challenge.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete