Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Which season are you in?

So I was talking to my hubby the other day. He's pretty much the smartest guy I know. I was telling him about how sometimes people complain about having to pick up behind children. Little messes and stuff. And he said the wisest thing!!


He said life is full of seasons. Right now we're in the season of Fall....you know lots of leaves, always falling off the trees (kind of like all the messes that come with having children). Pretty much every day we have to go outside and rake or we get overwhelmed (just like it's easy to feel like we're constantly picking up behind children). Fall is BEAUTIFUL and Fall is FUN, but Fall is WORK. Someday we'll be in Winter with no leaves to clean up (and we'll miss cleaning up all those leaves)....so enjoy Fall while we can!!

I'm so thankful for my hubby who reminds me of how great life is....and also for such wonderful children who help us pick up leaves!!






1 comment: