If you've been reading my blog for the past year, you know that in 2012 I tried to record my blessings each day. When we went on furlough I got behind on blogging about them. I have been trying to catch up so that I can begin the blogging I feel God has called me to for the rest of 2013...but, I have to be honest....I can't finish my blessings posts. Not in the same way I did all year. It's just too hard.
You see, the truth is, I'm struggling.
It's been hard hard hard to be back in Uganda.
I know God has called us here. I know He has plans for us.
I know this is a season of transition before we move to South Sudan (in just a couple of weeks!)
But it's been hard.
And writing (in detail) about blessings from while I was in America is NOT making it any easier.
I need to focus on my blessings here in Uganda (and South Sudan)...and that's the next direction my blog posts will take.
So I need to move in that direction a little quicker.
So.....
I'm going to just record my final blessings of 2012 in a list.
Right now....
and move on!!!
Thanks for understanding and for loving, supporting, encouraging & praying for me!
Day 326: I don't do Black Friday sales, but we did go to Mardel where I got this amazing pin!! It's like my life motto!
Day 333: Finally seeing Melissa, my best friend in the world!!
Day 334: Garden of the Gods....total beauty
Day 335: My Melissa is a photographer. She sees things differently than I do. I love that. Her "thing" is doors. I just love her eye for the creative!!
Day 336: Today we celebrated Annie's 9th birthday while driving through BEAUTIFUL Colorado and Utah. It was our longest day of driving....but it was so beautiful that Annie told us that evening that is was her BEST birthday EVER! wow!!
Day 311: new friends and camera lenses--spending time with Dave and Roanne in Joplin and Dave letting Melissa experiment with his cool camera lenses!
Day 312: Scott and the kids attending Multiply (a missions simulcast by Francis Chan and David Platt) at our home church, and the kids being super excited about missions again.
Day 313: Benji's first flying lesson. Benji wants to be a pilot some day and Scott was able to take him for a lesson today. It was so encouraging to Benji. He loved it!
Day 314: Time with Katelyn at Whole Foods. We got to have a mother/daughter date at one of our favorite places!!
Day 315: Today Nate had a major asthma attack that landed us at Arkansas Children's Hospital. So thankful we could go there. So thankful they knew just what to do to help him!!
Day 316: Jessie and Zac coming from KY to see us.
Day 317: Phase 10 and laughter with Jessie and Zac....oh, and swedish fish!!
Day 318: indoor pools. I got to take the kids swimming at the indoor pool at Jessie and Zac's hotel!
Day 319: Netflix. It's so amazing. Gonna enjoy it while we're in America!
Day 320: My mom taped some movies while we were gone and I love watching her hanging out with the kids watching them! One was about the Rift Valley in Kenya. Such fun memories she's making!
Day 321: the smell of Whole Foods. Call me a nerd, but I love the smell of Whole Foods. When we walk in the store I always tell the kids, "Stop. Smell. We'll miss this soon."
Day 322: food prep time getting ready for Thanksgiving. I love prepping for Thanksgiving in my mom's kitchen!
Day 323: Endocrinology at ACH. I was FINALLY able to get Annie an appointment in Endocrinology. So thankful to hear that she's doing ok. If you don't know what's "special" about Annie, stay tuned for my next blog post!
Day 324: All my kids are here! Kate and Angel arrived. And so did Josh and Sydney. I'm one happy mama!!
Day 325: Thanksgiving...a day all about remembering our blessings!
Day 326: I don't do Black Friday sales, but we did go to Mardel where I got this amazing pin!! It's like my life motto!
Day 327: I've waited his whole life to attend one of Josh's concerts. I'm so proud of him!! Lydia and I had a great time driving down to Dallas together and the concert was so fun!!
Day 328: Laughter and chili with Paul and Lori (and family)
Day 329: You already know I love the library. I am so thankful for books on cd and dvds from the library for our trip to KS, CO, and CA.
Day 330: I never get sick. Never. But today I was sick. I was so thankful for EmergenC and Cold Eeze to hopefully lessen the time I'm sick (since we're heading on a long trip to see friends and family!)
Day 331: Jonathan and Nicole. So fun to spend time with them in KS. It's been 2 years...that's a long time!!
Day 332: Lily. This little precious was born while we were in Uganda and we've only seen her in pictures. It was so fun to see her in real life (even though I didn't get too close because I still wasn't feeling 100% good!)
Day 333: Finally seeing Melissa, my best friend in the world!!
Day 334: Garden of the Gods....total beauty
Day 335: My Melissa is a photographer. She sees things differently than I do. I love that. Her "thing" is doors. I just love her eye for the creative!!
Day 336: Today we celebrated Annie's 9th birthday while driving through BEAUTIFUL Colorado and Utah. It was our longest day of driving....but it was so beautiful that Annie told us that evening that is was her BEST birthday EVER! wow!!
Day 337: Scott was watching the weather and felt like we should leave CO yesterday...a day earlier than we planned. So glad we did because today we woke up and realized that we JUST MISSED a huge storm that would have left us stranded in CO for several days.
Day 338: Tonight Scott shared at AWANA at his brother's church. It was an amazing time of being able to introduce lots of kids to life in Africa...and life as a missionary.
Day 340: Rise of the Guardians. We went to see this fun movie together....it's been several years since we've been able to do that!!
Day 341: Scott's parents hosted an afternoon get together where all his family in CA could drop by and hang out with us. It was so great to spend time with them and to catch up (we hadn't seen many of them in SEVERAL years!)
Day 341: Scott's parents hosted an afternoon get together where all his family in CA could drop by and hang out with us. It was so great to spend time with them and to catch up (we hadn't seen many of them in SEVERAL years!)
Day 343: We got to spend the day with Shawn and Nancy....we've been friends for 20+ years. Funny thing is - we've become closer over the past 2 years (while living in Uganda!) because of facebook. So close that OF COURSE if we were in CA we HAD to see them!!
Day 344: Rackley family time. All the Rackleys were together. Gary and Kay, Gary and Stacy & their kids, and Scott and me & our kids. We went to Justin's band recital and then out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. It was a VERY special time!
Day 345: On our way home to AR from CA we took a little detour and we got to meet Katelyn's mother-in-law, Angel's mom.
Day 346: Yesterday we drove further than we had planned. It was a long day. But that night another storm hit...right where we had PLANNED to stop. If we HAD stopped, we would have been stuck again. God is definitely looking out for us!
Day 347: Today was the Sandy Hook shooting. Made me hug my children a little bit tighter.
Day 348: Peppermint shakes at Chick-Fil-A
That just speaks for itself!!
That just speaks for itself!!
Day 349: Today we got to share about what God is doing in Uganda with a community group from our church. It was exciting to recount what God is doing there and reminded us of how grateful we are to be a part of His work around the world.
Day 350: Target. Even though I don't buy much there...I love to just walk around.
Day 351: Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. I had Scott order this for me through the drive thru. As I told him what I wanted he turned to me and said, "You want WHAT??" I had to tell him word for word what it was. It may be a long name but it is SOOOO yummy!!
Day 352: Today I took Garrett and Annie to the dentist. It has been 2 years so I didn't know what to expect. Guess what??? Annie had 1 tiny cavity....that's it!! YAY!!
Day 352: Today I took Garrett and Annie to the dentist. It has been 2 years so I didn't know what to expect. Guess what??? Annie had 1 tiny cavity....that's it!! YAY!!
Day 353: Today was a very special day because Nate become a follower of Jesus. We were on the way home from the dentist (where he only had 2 small cavities in baby teeth!) and he gave his heart to Jesus! What a wonderful day!!
Day 354: finding the perfect gift--Scott loves Top 10 lists. loves them. I got him a BOOK of Top 10 lists for Christmas! He's gonna love it!!
Day 355: Today we decorated the tree at my mom's house. It was so fun and beautiful!!
Day 356: I have a cd I LOVE to listen to at Christmas time...in America, Uganda, whatever! It's called "Smoky Mountain Sleigh Ride." Today as Lydia, Melissa, Laura and I were doing food prep for Christmas lunch, we turned it on. LOVE IT.....
Day 357: Kate and Josh got to AR. I'm so excited to have my kids home for Christmas...and that I'm home for Christmas!!
Day 358: Jesus...Christmas....Jesus
Day 359: We got snowed in. WOW!! We weren't expecting this much snow!! What a fun furlough treat!!
Day 360: Safety for my kids as they traveled back to their homes. So glad Kate and Josh made it home safely (to TX and OK)
Day 361: doing puzzles with Lydia. Lydia loves puzzles. I love to spend time with her while she does puzzles. That's the truth....puzzles kind of get on my nerves, but I love to hang out while watching her do them!
Day 362: football games at my parent's house. I love hanging out at my parent's while the guys are watching football. The kids play in the back yard or watch TV. I just talk with my mom. Happy memories!
Day 363: Liquid coffee creamer. I know it's not healthy....but I love it!! I love trying different flavors. I love love love it!
Day 364: spending New Year's Eve with the Bells (something we did before we moved to Uganda!)
For some reason I have 364 days...not 365 or 366. Hmm...wonder what happened?!? Oh well!! I'm also thankful for being able to go out to eat at our favorite restaurants, drive on roads without major pot holes, worship at our home church, have fast internet, and spending wonderful time with family and friends!
That finishes my blessings for 2012!
woo hoo!!
Stay tuned for an update on Annie
and
the beginning of my new series of blog posts for the rest of 2013!
Day 360: Safety for my kids as they traveled back to their homes. So glad Kate and Josh made it home safely (to TX and OK)
Day 361: doing puzzles with Lydia. Lydia loves puzzles. I love to spend time with her while she does puzzles. That's the truth....puzzles kind of get on my nerves, but I love to hang out while watching her do them!
Day 362: football games at my parent's house. I love hanging out at my parent's while the guys are watching football. The kids play in the back yard or watch TV. I just talk with my mom. Happy memories!
Day 363: Liquid coffee creamer. I know it's not healthy....but I love it!! I love trying different flavors. I love love love it!
Day 364: spending New Year's Eve with the Bells (something we did before we moved to Uganda!)
For some reason I have 364 days...not 365 or 366. Hmm...wonder what happened?!? Oh well!! I'm also thankful for being able to go out to eat at our favorite restaurants, drive on roads without major pot holes, worship at our home church, have fast internet, and spending wonderful time with family and friends!
That finishes my blessings for 2012!
woo hoo!!
Stay tuned for an update on Annie
and
the beginning of my new series of blog posts for the rest of 2013!



















My friend,
ReplyDeleteThis year, if you fall behind don't feel you have to post everything online. Knowing that you have done them should be enough for you. Putting pressure on yourself to get them done when it's for others is not good. You did this for you and while I do enjoy reading them and seeing what you take delight in, I know you really did this for you, to give you a better perspective on God's blessings in your life. If you fall behind it's okay, just start where you are. Just hearing that you and your family are doing well is a blessing for me! Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for your service.