My blessing this day was getting to hang out with my "real food" friends. These are my friends who avoid packaged food, who cringe when they read about my kids drinking kool aid in Uganda, who buy meat from grass fed cows, drink raw milk, kefir and kombucha. I love these friends! I love to eat real food whenever possible. I love the encouragement I receive when I hang out with them!!
As I was sharing with my friends about living in Uganda, I described the milk in Gulu. It's long shelf-life milk. It's been pasteurized (ultra high temperature) so much that it can sit on a shelf...no refrigeration...for 4+ months. Ummm....that's NOT real. As I was sharing, my friend was moving around the kitchen, getting things out, opening the fridge...I didn't think anything about it. All of a sudden she set a glass in front of me. A glass of delicious raw milk. It was heavenly!! I felt so loved!!
![]() |
| photo credit |

No comments:
Post a Comment